Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
Each year our church provides lunch, and supper via leftovers, for the South Holt teachers during teacher/parent conferences. The Luncheon will be held on October 19 this year. Please bring dishes to the South Holt Cafeteria by 11:30 a.m. Please sign up to help serve, clean, nourish or however you can help.
Sign-up sheets will be located at church or you may contact Rana Killingsworth or the church office at 660-446-3794.
Help us reach out to our community on Tuesday, October 31st from 3:30-5:30. The Children’s Ministry Team needs your help in the following areas:
Game Leader & Assistant: Plan game, set-up, and play with kids. They can divide the 2 hours.
Craft Leader& Assistant: Plan craft, set-up, and help kids. They can divide the 2 hours.
Two helpers to hand out treats, invite visitors to church and help where needed.
This is a great opportunity to interact with our community. Please sign-up at church to help for an hour or however long you can or call the office at 660-446-3694.
Miss Leigh and her Sunday School class (5th-8th Grade) is going to put together hygiene kits for hurricane victims through UMCOR.
A specific list of items they need for each kit is listed below, or you may donate money to purchase the items for the kits. Donations will be accepted through October 22nd. The kids have set a goal of making 20 kits. Will you help support this good cause?
Hygiene Kit Materials need to include:
· 1 hand towel, 15 x 25 inches to 17 x 27 inches, Kitchen, cleaning, and microfiber towels not acceptable
· 1 washcloth
· 1 comb, Comb needs to be sturdy and longer than 6 inches long, No pocket combs or picks please, Rattail combs and combs without handles are acceptable with a minimum of 6 inches of teeth
· 1 metal nail file or nail clippers, No emery boards, please
· 1 bath-size soap, 3 oz. and larger sizes only, No Ivory or Jergens soap due to moisture content, Do not remove from original packaging
· 1 toothbrush, Adult size only, Do not remove from original packaging
· 6 adhesive bandages, ¾ inch to 1 inch-size, Common household Band-Aids
· 1 plastic bag, One-gallon size sealable bag only
· $1.00 to purchase toothpaste
Nursery Worker Needed
Oregon UMC is looking for a Sunday morning nursery worker during worship service (10:50-12:10). These hours could expand to include the Sunday School hour in the future. Please see Megan or Randy Mendenhall if you are interested.